Thursday, March 8, 2007

Thing # 15

Reading the articles was the best explanation that I have found for what Learning 2.0 is all about. The ideas for the future are mind boggling and we will all be blogging about it for a long time.

The vision of the library as a building with books is long outdated. As I look around the recent additions to formats offered here at LCPL, I am amazed. A reader can check the catalog and if the item sought is not available in paper with a cover, it may be available to download. This saves trees, shelf space, and widens the offerings available.

LCPL appears to be making efforts to add new connections between library and patron. Suggest a Title is one example of making the patron part of the decision process.
Recent improvements to the phone notice advising a patron that a book requested has arrived is an example of making the library more user friendly. Constant change appears to be the way of the future.

I am grateful to administration for making Learning 2.0 available and for letting us all have fun and learn. It will help us be more responsive to our users.

Blue Ridge Reader

No comments: